Friday, March 27, 2015

Where does one start...how about HOLY SHIT, WTF, or WHY ME?! That's a pretty good start. I never in my wildest dreams imagined what I am in for. I mean ever. To keep this somewhat short, I will be having radiation 5 days a week for 5 weeks starting as early as April 9th on my thigh. It will be followed by a surgery 4 weeks later where they will remove the vastus medialis muscle from my leg. YES, THEY ARE REMOVING A MUSCLE FROM MY LEG! Pathology reports showed positive margins which means the cancer is still there. They're very worried about it going to my surgery incision and drain tube area so they will hit that with extra radiation. They are also doing CT scans of my organs next week and an MRI to see if the cancer has spread. Damn I hope not. The good news, if there is any, is that Moffitt has one of only 5 sarcoma units in the US, and my Oncologist is one of the best, and was named Physician of the Year. And for those of you asking about 2nd opinions, 3 pathologists agreed with the sarcoma diagnosis, and the slides will be sent to Moffitt for their pathologist to look at and to determine exactly which type of sarcoma this is, as there are 78 different kinds. So keep sending me your good juju because I may very well need it. I'm strong, but geesh, this is a big one...