Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Dog Update

Well, I turned Atlanta back in last night. I can't have a dog that jumps the baby gate and has full reign of the house until it is completely potty trained. Unfortunately, Disciple has started to do just the same thing and will be turned back the Adopt a Greyhound next. I don't have a date of when he will go back, but again, I can't have a jumper. That, and he still has separation anxiety issues when he is the only dog home.

On another note, meet my new permanent addition!
His name was Rusty at the Humane Society, and since I already have a Rusty, his new name is Ditto. Kinda fitting I think. He is a lab mix and about 11 months old. Not sure he's that old because he's pretty small, but I'll go with that age. He was a stray that was picked up by Maricopa County, then turned over to the Humane Society. I brought him home today and we have already been to the vet, even before we got him home! I had a micro-chip implanted when I adopted him and it started bleeding bad. Since I was so close to my vet, I called them and they fixed him up. I guess they didn't put enough glue on when they chipped him. He's also already fallen into the pool, and was able to get himself out. I think it scared him a bit and hope he stays out of it from now on! He played hard with Rusty and Disciple and is currently napping on a dog bed here in the office. I think he's going to be a great addition to our family, don't you?